In today’s fast-paced world, digital payments have revolutionized the way we handle our transactions. Unified Payment Interface (UPI) is one such innovation that has made online money transfers swift and hassle-free. But, what happens when you encounter a problem during a transaction? That’s where the UPI reference number comes into play.
The UPI reference number is a crucial piece of information that helps track your transaction’s status. This number acts as a unique identifier for your transaction and helps you keep tabs on its progress. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the Paytm UPI reference number and how you can track it to ensure that your transactions are processed without any hiccups.
What Is Paytm UPI Reference Number?
A UPI reference number is a 12-digit code assigned to each transaction to track it. It is an essential part of the UPI payment system used for tracking each transaction. It helps to identify a specific payment and resolve any payment-related issues. Due to its uniqueness, it ensures the security and reliability of UPI transactions. Therefore, keeping a record of the UPI reference number is recommended for smooth and hassle-free transactions.
It’s worth noting that the UPI reference numbers for all UPI payment applications are the same, consisting of a 12-digit code.
How to Track Paytm UPI Reference Number?
Here are the steps to find the UPI reference number for a transaction on Paytm:
- Open the Paytm app on your mobile device.
- Look for the ‘Balance & History’ icon on the home screen and tap it.
- Choose the transaction you want to check the UPI reference number for.
- Once you have selected the transaction, note down the unique 12-digit UPI reference number.
Note that the process of tracking the Paytm reference number may vary across different applications. However, you can still locate the UPI reference number by accessing the passbook or UPI section within the app.
How to Use Paytm UPI?
Paytm has revolutionized the way we make digital transactions. With its UPI payment feature, users can now make hassle-free and secure transactions directly from their bank accounts. Here are the steps to using Paytm UPI.
- Download the Paytm UPI payment app on your smartphone
- Enter your mobile number and choose the SIM slot if you have a dual SIM phone
- Verify your mobile number by entering the OTP received through SMS
- Select your bank name from the list provided, ensuring that the mobile number registered with the bank is the same as the one entered earlier.
- If you’re linking your bank account for the first time, set up a UPI PIN using your debit card details.
- Once done, your bank account is now linked via UPI on Paytm, and you’re all set to make your first payment.
Why Should You Use Paytm For UPI Transactions?
Paytm is a mobile payment app that provides UPI services without any additional charges. Here are some compelling reasons to consider using Paytm for your UPI transactions:
- Convenient: With Paytm UPI, you can easily and conveniently make digital transactions from your bank account using your mobile phone.
- Secure: Paytm follows all the regulations set by the Reserve Bank of India, making it a completely safe and secure platform for transactions.
- User-friendly: The Paytm app is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use, even for those who are new to digital transactions.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Paytm provides 24/7 customer support to help you with any queries or concerns you may have.
- No Transaction Fees: Paytm does not charge any fees for UPI transactions, making it an affordable option for all.
- Wide Acceptance: Paytm UPI is widely accepted by merchants and service providers across India, making it a versatile payment option.