UPI, or Unified Payment Interface, is a popular way of sending and receiving money, paying bills, and performing other types of transactions in the most quick, easy and convenient manner. However, owing to technical glitches, users may, sometimes, encounter certain issues while making transactions via UPI.
In such cases, you can easily file complaints and get your issues resolved. While the process for reporting UPI complaints differs depending on the various payment methods, there is a specific, general process for registering UPI complaints. This blog will explain how to file a UPI complaint online.
Follow these steps to lodge a UPI complaint on the Paytm mobile app-
- Open the Paytm app
- Click on the ‘Profile’ icon in the top right corner of the home screen
- In the left sidebar that opens, click on the ‘Help & Support’ option
- The next screen that opens will display a number of services that you may need help with. Click on ‘View All’ in this section
- Next, click on ‘UPI Money Transfer’
- You will now be asked to sect a transaction that you need help with. You can click on ‘View All’ if you don’t see your transaction
- Details regarding your chosen transaction will be shared by a chatbot. Continue to share your issues with the Chatbot and your problem will be resolved!
Types of Issues with UPI
You may face any of the following issues while using UPI-
- Transactional issues: These issues include indirect transfers to an incorrect account, money deducted but transaction failed, transaction pending/declined, transaction timed out, or threshold exceeded
- PIN-related issues: These issues include inability to set a UPI PIN, PIN errors, blocked PIN, etc.
- Other issues: Apart from transaction and PIN related issues, there could be certain other issues with UPI transactions such as when you cannot fetch or link your accounts, you need to remove or de-register your UPI, inability to login, etc.
While registering a UPI complaint, you might be asked to share the following details-
- Registered mobile number
- Email ID
- Date of Transaction
- Your issue regarding the transaction
- Bank Account Details
- UPI ID
- Transaction ID
How does Paytm Ensure Security of its UPI Users?
Paytm mobile applications allows users to transfer money between bank accounts instantly using UPI. Paytm has implemented several security measures to ensure the safety of user data, some of which are listed below-
- Paytm restricts its users from taking screenshots during transactions to avoid unintentional sharing of financial details with others
- Paytm follows two-factor authentication processes at every step of the transaction
- Paytm also offers a”Paytm Security Shield” to protect against theft, unauthorized access, and digital frauds
- While most UPI payments are successfully completed without any issues, there may be rare instances where users experience problems with payment failures due to delayed/troublesome operations with banks. In such cases, you get notified of the issue instantly and your transactions are taken care of
- Paytm customer support team closely monitors the status of pending cases and works to resolve any issues within 24 hours. If a payment is unsuccessful, the bank will perform a reconciliation process and the deducted funds will be returned to the user’s bank account within two business days
In rare cases, where a bank-to-bank transfer may be shown as successful, but the money is not received by the recipient, it is recommended to check if the money was transferred to the correct account. If the correct account was used, there may be instances where the bank does not provide confirmation of the money addition to NPCI, despite multiple checks. In these cases, NPCI considers the payment as approved and initiates a reconciliation process at the recipient’s bank, with the goal of adding the funds to the account within two business days. Paytm takes extensive measures to ensure the security and safety of its users’ money in all circumstances.
Wrapping it Up!
If you are experiencing problems with a transaction or bill payment using the UPI system, you can follow the process outlined above to file a complaint through the Paytm app if your transaction was performed via Paytm. UPI is generally considered a very convenient and secure way to make transactions, so if you are having difficulties, using these steps can help resolve the issue.