The Unified Payment Interface (UPI) has become the most preferred mode of transaction for most individuals. The UPI is most commonly used to send or receive money instantly, pay bills, recharge, etc. However, many times the consumers face issues while making transactions and filing complaints. The process to report UPI complaints varies from app to app. Let’s read further to know the process to file a complaint online for the BHIM application, which is developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).
Follow the below-mentioned process to lodge a transaction related UPI complaint in Paytm mobile app:
- Visit the Paytm app
- Go to ’24X7 help and support
- Click on ‘view all services’
- Click on ‘UPI payments and money transfer’
- You can talk to 24X7 customer support to lodge a complaint related to the UPI transaction
Through the Paytm app, the users can transfer money from one bank account to another bank account instantly using the UPI payment service, which is powered by NPCI (National Payment Corporation of India). Sending money through Paytm UPI is safe as it does not allow the users to take a screenshot of the app while performing the transaction. Moreover, to secure the user’s data Paytm follows a two-factor authentication process.
Besides this, to secure the users’ account even more, Paytm has come up with a measure of ‘Paytm Security Shield’. Paytm Security Shield protects the Paytm app from theft, unauthorized sources or digital fraud. The majority of the UPI payments are transferred successfully instantly; however, in rare circumstances, if the users face the difficulty of failed payment or issues related to money transfer.
For pending cases, the Paytm customer support team keeps checking the status with the NPCI regularly and within 24 hours they know the final status- success or failure of all payments. For failed payments, all banks do a reconciliation and the money deducted is added back to the bank account of the user within 2 working days.
However, many times the users face this difficulty where bank to bank transfer is shown successful but the money is not added to the receiver’s bank account. In this case, firstly, it is advised to check if you are transferring money to the correct account. If you have transferred the money to the right account, there is a rare event where the bank does not provide confirmation of money addition to NPCI despite multiple checks. In such cases NPCI considers it as approved. Such payments are put through the reconciliation phase at the receiver’s bank and the money is added to the account within 2 working days. In all circumstances Paytm ensured full security and safety of the users’ money.
The Process to Report Transaction Related UPI Complaint in BHIM Mobile App?
Follow the below-mentioned process to lodge a transaction related UPI complaint in BHIM mobile app:
- In the BHIM UPI app, the user can find his/her transaction history under the ‘raise a complaint’ option
- The user will need to choose the transaction for which he/she wants to raise a complaint
- Choose from the two options as mentioned on the screen that is ‘ raise concern’ or ‘call bank’
- Once the user clicks on the raise complaint option, he/she will have to mention the issue in the online complaint form and submit it
- In case, the user wants to speak with customer care to lodge the UPI complaint, then they can choose the option of ‘call bank’
- The user will be connected to the customer care of BHIM on the toll-free number 1800-120-1740
- The users can directly file the complaint by dialing the UPI customer care helpline number
What is ‘Get in Touch’ Service in BHIM UPI?
‘Get in Touch’ is a customer care platform that allows users to file UPI complaints. Any issues related to registration, login, cashback, transaction, bank account, PIN, etc. can be recorded.
Steps to File UPI complaint Using ‘Get in Touch’ Service
The users can file complaints regarding any of the above-mentioned services by following these simple steps using the ‘get in touch’ service.
- Visit the ‘get in touch’ page through the BHIM UPI app. You will find three segments- query, complaint and feedback
- Choose the complaint segment, you will need to choose the type of complaint to register (transaction/cashback, login, etc.)
- Fill in the information as required such as type of issue, virtual payment address (VPA), email ID, date of transaction, registered mobile number and comment to briefly explain the issue
- Once you file the mandatory field, enter the captcha code and submit
- The response to the complaint will be mailed to your registered email ID by the customer support team of BHIM UPI
Wrapping it Up!
UPI is known as one of the most convenient and safest modes of transaction for most individuals. In case of any issues related to transaction and bill payment, the customers can follow the above-mentioned process and register UPI complaints in BHIM and Paytm app.