Managing your financial affairs is crucial for a secure and hassle-free future. When it comes to retirement planning, having an Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account is a wise choice. The EPF scheme ensures long-term savings, but did you know that linking your Permanent Account Number (PAN) with your EPF account is equally important? By doing so, you can enjoy various benefits, including streamlined tax deductions and simplified financial record-keeping.
In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the simple steps to link your PAN with your EPF account. Whether you are an employee, self-employed, or a pensioner, this process applies to all EPF account holders. By following these steps, you can ensure that your EPF savings are in compliance with income tax regulations and enjoy the associated advantages.
Follow these online steps to link your PAN number with your EPF account-
- Log in to the EPFO online portal using your UAN and password
- From the main menu bar, click on ‘Manage’ followed by ‘KYC’
- Next, you will be redirected to the ‘KYC’ page, wherein you will find a list of documents to be updated under the ‘Document type’ option
- Now, since you need to link your PAN with your EPF account, you need to click on PAN and enter your PAN number
- Also enter your name as it appears on your PAN card and click on ‘Save’
- If the details of your name and PAN number entered are correct, then they will automatically be verified with the Income Tax Department and your PAN will be linked to your EPF account
Note that once your PAN gets successfully linked to your EPF account, you will be able to find the same on the homepage of the EPFO portal under the ‘Manage Profile’ tab.
Follow these steps to link your PAN with your EPF account through offline means-
- Visit your nearest EPFO branch and ask the concerned official for an EPF-PAN linking form
- As requested, fill in all the required fields such as your PAN, UAN, name, etc. in the form
- Self-attest a copy of your PAN Card and UAN and submit it along with the EPF-PAN linking form
- After submission of these above documents, your application will be verified; post the approval of which, your PAN will be linked to your EPF account
- The status of your EPF-PAN linking will be notified to you on your phone and email
Can you Find your PF Account Number on your PAN Card?
Yes, you can easily find out your PF account number from your PAN card number. However, to do so, you need to activate your UAN first and then follow these simple steps-
- Log in to the EPF member portal and click on the ‘Activate UAN’ option
- Enter your personal details like your name, PAN, date of birth, mobile number, and Captcha code
- Now, click on ‘Get Authorization PIN’
- The authorization PIN (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter this PIN and click on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’
- Upon successful completion of these steps, your UAN will be activated
- The UAN and password will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Now, to check your PF account number, you need to log in to the portal using your UAN and password
- Under the ‘Member Profile’ section, you will be able to see your PF account number
What are the Benefits of having an EPF Account?
Following are the benefits of having an EPF account:
- The use of EPFO allows easy redressal of compliance and grievance for employees
- Since the Employees’ Provident Fund is governed by a statutory body, it is mandatory for all organizations to follow all rules and regulations set up by EPFO on a daily basis
- EPFO makes the availability of online services available easily
- With the help of EPF, the claim settlement time has been reduced from 20 days to 3 days
- EPF facilitates the promotion and encouragement of all sorts of voluntary compliance
- For employees, EPF allows them to save a lot of money in the long run
- Monthly contribution to EPF makes it easier for working professionals to save a good amount of money for their requirements, as they do not have to take out a lump sum amount for investment
- Employees can also withdraw a part of their EPF at the time of emergencies
- EPF works as a reliable source of long-term investment for employees, whilst building a retirement corpus for them
- The part of an employee’s salary that is deducted towards EPF is a part of his/her non-tax-deductible income
- Employees can transfer their EPF corpus from one employer to another as and when they switch jobs
- EPF is a major tax-saving instrument
Wrapping it Up
Linking your PAN with your EPF account is a crucial step towards better financial management. By following the straightforward steps outlined in this guide, you can ensure compliance with tax regulations and enjoy the benefits associated with a linked PAN and EPF account. Remember, this process applies to all EPF account holders, so seize this opportunity to streamline your financial affairs and secure a prosperous future.
Just like all its other services, EPFO has made it quite easy for all its members to link their PAN cards with their EPF accounts. All you need to do is log in to the portal, click on KYC, and enter your PAN card details. And that is it! You can make the best use of all the available EPFO services. Moreover, you can also find out your PF account number simply by using your PAN card on the EPFO portal.
For those employees who find online methods a little confusing, they can simply visit their nearest EPF office and fill out the EPF-PAN linking form along with the self-attested copy of their PAN card and UAN. And that is it! Upon successful completion of this process, you will be notified of the same on your registered mobile number.