As simple as it is to apply for a credit card, it is equally simple to check credit card application status. While there are high chances that if you were eligible to apply for a credit card, you would be successful in getting one; it is still important to keep a check on your credit card application status.
This blog will talk about how you can check credit card application status, which documents are required to check it, and more. So, continue reading further!
How can you Apply for a Credit Card?
Applying for a credit card is a simple process; but only after you have decided which credit card you want to purchase. Once you have made the comparison and decided on which credit card you want to go ahead with, you need to follow these steps-
- Visit the bank’s official website
- Click on ‘Apply’ in the ‘Credit Cards’ section
- Enter personal details like your occupation, mobile number, monthly income, PIN code, etc.
- Select your preferred credit card and click on ‘Check Eligibility’
- If you meet all the credit card eligibility conditions required for the selected card, you be asked to proceed further with the application and enter details like your name, email address, date of birth, and PAN
- Move further and enter your residential address along with the PIN code
- After this, you will be asked to enter the details of your employment, like the company’s name, address, PIN code, and landline number
- Lastly, you will have to verify your mobile number using the OTP sent to your phone in order to complete the application process
After completing this process, you will receive a call from the bank/NBFC to suggest a time and place and complete the physical documentation process. The bank will send a field agent to your suggested location to do the same, post which your application process will be taken ahead.
How to Apply for Paytm HDFC Bank Credit Card?
The application process for Paytm HDFC Bank co-branded credit card is quite simple. All you need to do is download or open the Paytm App and follow these steps-
- On the main screen, scroll down to the section of ‘Loans & Credit Cards’
- Click on ‘Credit Card’
- Click on ‘Check Eligibility & Apply’
- Enter the details like your email address, your net monthly income, PIN code for credit card delivery
- Tick mark the option to accept all terms and conditions and click on ‘Submit’
- After the verification of details provided, you will be notified with the type of credit card that you are eligible for
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ and fill in the required details to authenticate your identity
- You will be notified about the status of your credit card application and your virtual credit card will be generated instantly and will be ready to use!
Additional Benefit? The entire credit card experience – right from the application process and issuance of the card to tracking expenditure online is digital, and can be completed in less than 5 minutes on the Paytm app!
How to Check Credit Card Application Status?
It is a very simple process to check your credit card application status. Although various banks have different ways to check credit card application status, there are a few general steps that will help you check your credit card application status on any bank’s website/internet portal.
Check Credit Card Application Status Online
The following steps elaborate on how you can check the application status of your credit card online-
- Visit the bank’s/credit card issuer’s official website
- Locate the option ‘Track Application’
- Click on ‘Application status’ and enter your details like Application number, application form, PAN Card, etc.
- After entering these details, click on ‘Check Status’
- A new tab will open, which will display your credit card application status
Check Credit Card Application Status Offline
You can choose either of the following modes to check the status of your credit card application offline-
- Call your bank/credit card issuer’s customer support staff. Provide them with the required details and they will inform you about the status of your credit card application
- If you have registered with the SMS service of your bank, you can also send a SMS to check the status of your credit card application
- Alternatively, you can also visit the bank branch physically and contact the concerned officials to find out your credit card application status
Documents Required to Check Credit Card Application Status
The following documents must be kept handy to check credit card application status online-
- Credit Card Application Number
- Applicant’s PAN Card Number
- Form Number
- Applicant’s Date of Birth
What are the Credit Card Eligibility Conditions?
There are various personal and financial factors that affect credit card eligibility. Some of these factors are listed below-
- Age-You must be at least 18 years of age (21 years, in some cases) in order to be eligible for a credit card. Apart from the minimum required age, the maximum age to which you can apply for a credit card is 60 years.
- Salary– To ensure your credit repayment capacity, the bank/credit card issuing company looks at your salary/monthly income. Even though the minimum annual income requirement for credit card eligibility varies from bank to bank, in India, it is generally around Rs. 3 lakh per annum.
- Nationality– Generally, there are not many limitations around the residence or nationality of the credit card applicant. However, a few credit cards are only made available to the Indian citizens.
- Employment– As your application gets verified by the bank, your current and previous employment status is closely looked upon. You get brownie points in your credit card application for being in one job for a year or more.
- Credit Score– The higher your credit score is, the more chances you have of getting your application approved. Similarly, a bad credit score would imply an unhealthy financial history, and hence, would lower the chances of your application being approved.
- Credit Utilization Ratio– CUR or Credit Utilization Ratio refers to the ratio between the credit card bill and credit limit. Both these factors indicate that if you spend more, your CUR would be low. This, eventually works out negatively for your credit card application as it indicates that the application is credit-hungry.
- Multiple Credit Card Application– As you apply for a credit card, the banks would keep a check on your previous credit card applications and if you have multiple rejected applications, your chances of getting this one approved would automatically drop down.
- Existing Loans– Having several existing loans shows that the applicant is quite frequently looking out for debts, and is not able to pay them easily. This eventually leads to the bank being suspicious about your credit repayment capabilities.
Credit cards are undoubtedly the easiest way to borrow money and make purchases even if you are tight on your pockets for the time being. That is when you feel the need to buy a credit card. But before you can begin making purchases using your credit card, you first must apply for one and get approved for it. Having a good credit score with an impressive financial background, you would be treated as a “special customer” by your bank. You would also be given an option for availing a pre-approved credit card. This implies that having healthy financial habits will enable your bank to contact you and offer you the option of a pre-approved credit card.
It is important to note that your application may be rejected if you don’t meet any of the credit card eligibility conditions set by the bank or if you have applied for a credit card before, from the same issuer in the last 6 months. Hence, you must keep a check on your credit card application status.