Bihar Ration Card has undergone a transformation, becoming more accessible and convenient than ever before. Now, residents of Bihar can not only apply for a new ration card online but also track the status of their application and download the card from the comfort of their homes. This is a significant step towards transparency and efficiency in the distribution of essential food supplies, ensuring that no one in Bihar goes to bed hungry.
Table of Contents Show
In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the essential steps of checking your Bihar Ration Card application status, downloading your ration card, and applying for a new one online.
How to Check the Ration Card Application Status in Bihar Online?
If you haven’t checked the most recent ration card list in Bihar, you can do so by following the step-by-step instructions provided:
- Visit the Bihar government’s Food and Consumer Protection Department’s website at https://epds.bihar.gov.in/
- On the homepage’s left side, locate and click on “RCMS Report”.
- Next, choose the district. Note that the state’s districts will be listed in alphabetical order. You must select the appropriate district.
- Select the respective tehsil and click on it.
- You will notice a list of every store owner in your tehsil. Choose the shopkeeper’s name.
- You must now look up the name of your family’s head of household in the list and check the corresponding ration card number.
Note that if the name of your family member is not there in the ration card list in Bihar, it means the government rejected the application.
Read More: Indian Post Office and its IFSC Code
Online Registration on the Portal for Ration Card in Bihar
- Enter your name in English and Hindi both, mobile number and captcha then click on Get OTP
- You’ll get an SMS at given mobile number.
- Enter received OTP and click on Validate OTP
- Enter Aadhaar number, select your district, pin code, password, confirm password and captcha then click on Register.
- After registering, you’lll get login Id through which you can login the portal and fill the application
Bihar Ration Card’s Online Application Process
- Go to the Food and Consumer Protection Department’s website
- Click on Apply for Online RC on the right hand side.
- Login onto the portal by using login id and password
- At top of the screen, you will be able to see New Apply, choose your preferred option
- Fill the application form that appears and add members to your ration card
- Now you have to provide required documents and a photo of the ration card holder
- Finally submit the application.
Note: After the final submission, you will not be able to change, add or delete any information. You will also get a SMS on the mobile registered number with your application id and final submission information.
How to Download a Ration Card in Bihar?
The process to download Bihar ration card involves the following steps:
- Visit the Bihar government’s Food and Consumer Protection Department’s website.
- Select the “RC-Print” option.
- Use your login credentials to enter into the system
- Download your ration card
Read More: Know How to Link Aadhaar with Ration Card
Ration Card Grievance Registration in Bihar
People in Bihar who have applied for ration cards but cannot locate their names on the new Bihar ration card list, or encounter any issues with the Public Distribution System (PDS), have the option to register complaints.
They can file a complaint online by going to the website of Bihar’s Food and Consumer Protection Department. Below is a description of the grievance registration process.
You can register a grievance by following the instructions listed below:
- You must first go to the online platform of Bihar Food and Civil Supplies.
- You need to look for ‘Consumer Info’ on the homepage and then select “Submit Grievance”.
- The form for grievance registration will open after selecting the appropriate link. You must enter all required details, including the type of complaint, address, contact information, and complaint description. Additionally, you must attach the required documents. After you have entered the necessary information in the required fields, click on “Register”.
- You will receive a registration ID once registration is finished. Make sure to keep the ID safe as you might need it in the future.
Also Read: One Nation One Ration Card
Types of Ration Cards in Bihar
There are four main types of ration cards in Bihar that are issued to households. They are as follows:
- Below poverty line or BPL ration cards: These ration cards are given out to families with annual family incomes of less than Rs. 24000. They fall in the below poverty line or BPL category.
- Above poverty line or APL ration cards: Such ration cards are given to families who earn less than Rs. 24,000 annually and are living above the poverty line.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana or AAY ration cards: Such documents are intended for the poorest families.
- Annapurna ration cards: The state’s pensioners receive these ration cards.
To wrap it up, ration cards in Bihar and other states can help households with low income to benefit from the subsidised food grain prices. If you have not applied for a ration card yet, you can easily do it now from the comfort of your home by initiating the application procedure online. Note that one may also check the ration card list in Bihar online to check the application status.