Paytm offers a hassle-free experience to the customers who can now enjoy the convenience of secure and quick payments through Unified Payments Interface (UPI). One can perform UPI payments on the Paytm app either through the user’s mobile number, UPI ID, or by scanning the UPI QR code that is linked to the receiver’s bank account. Paytm enables its users to make direct payments not only to the users of Paytm but to any UPI payment app. With Paytm, you can scan and make payment to any QR code of any third-party payment app and send money directly from your linked bank accounts.
Why and Where to Scan a QR Code?
More than often we find ourselves either running short of cash or having bigger currency notes that sometimes even vendors refuse to accept for low-cost items. In such situations, online payments through QR code scanners come as a great relief. All you need to do is scan the vendor’s QR code from the Paytm app and make direct bank-to-bank payments. You can scan the QR codes at shops, restaurants, pharmacies, petrol pumps, groceries, malls, supermarkets, and even street vendors and make easy, hassle-free payments of any amount that you want.
How to Scan a QR Code on Paytm?
Paytm enhances UPI payments through various ways like mobile number, UPI ID, recipient’s bank details, and QR code. The best part is that Paytm lets you scan the UPI QR code of any app and make payment to the linked bank account. You can make payments by scanning the UPI QR code by following the simple steps as below:
- Open the Paytm app and click on the option to ‘Scan & Pay‘ under the ‘Send Money’ section on the home screen
- A new screen with the QR code scanner will open up
- Scan the QR code of any UPI app or a merchant
- Paytm will automatically fetch the linked bank account of the receiver
- Enter the amount that you want to pay, and select the account from which you want to make the payment
- Confirm the payment by clicking on the ‘Pay’ option
- Once the payment is processed and completed successfully, which hardly takes a few seconds, you will have your transaction details displayed on the screen
- The receiver and you, will both be notified of the transaction being successful
- An added advantage of using Paytm for all your UPI transactions is that Paytm gives different types of cashback offers for your transactions
Wrapping it up:
UPI payments through Paytm are safe, quick, and easy but the QR code scanning facility makes it all the more user-oriented. With Paytm, you can easily scan the UPI QR codes at any retail shop, pharmacy, restaurant, etc. to make payments. You can also scan the QR code of any individual recipient to send money. The major advantage that Paytm offers is that you can scan the UPI QR codes of not only the other Paytm users but of any UPI payment app.