Debit card transactions are safe and secure and can be completed in minutes. Anyone with a bank account has access to a debit card, which the bank provides as part of the welcome kit. A debit card must first be activated before it can be used.
A debit card can be activated in three ways. Let’s learn about each of these methods, as well as the steps to take for each.
How to Activate a Debit Card?
A debit card can be activated in 3 ways. You may select any of the methods based on your needs and the resources available.
It is important to note that, while the steps to be taken in each of these methods may differ depending on the bank’s policies and the process to activate a debit card, a few common steps remain the same.
Follow these Steps to Activate a Debit Card Using an ATM Machine:
- Gently open the sealed envelope to obtain your four-digit PIN, which was provided to you by the bank along with your debit card
- Insert your debit card into the ATM
- Enter the debit card number and the ATM pin
- You will then be prompted to create a new ATM pin
- Follow the instructions on the machine to enter your new ATM PIN, and your card will be activated
Follow these Steps to Activate a Debit Card via Netbanking:
- Log in to your bank’s internet banking portal
- Navigate to the ‘Debit Card’ section of the portal
- Then, select an option that says ‘generate PIN’ or ‘create PIN’
- When you select this option, the portal will give you instructions on how to activate your debit card
- Follow the steps to activate your debit card online
Follow these Steps to Activate a Debit Card via Phone Banking:
- You must have received a phone banking PIN or other information that will assist you in phone banking conversations
- Dial the phone number provided to you and speak with an operational member to activate your debit card
- Once connected, follow all of the instructions given to you during the phone call to have your debit card activated
Some banks send OTP to the customer’s registered mobile number for verification and activation of a debit card for added security. As a result, when activating your debit card, you must have your phone with the registered mobile number ready.
While almost all banks have a similar, lengthy procedure to activate a debit card, Paytm Payments Bank, on the other hand, abandons the traditional method by providing its account holders with a digital debit card. Here’s how to apply for and activate a Paytm Payments Bank debit card.
How to Get a Paytm Debit Card?
Paytm is a company that has revolutionized the way people access and manage their money. Paytm offers both digital and physical debit cards, allowing users to choose the option that best fits their needs and preferences. If you want to get a physical Paytm debit card, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Paytm mobile application
- Click on ‘Paytm Bank’
- Now, click on the ‘Manage Debit Card’ on your Virtual Paytm Debit Card
- Choose ‘Order Debit Card’
- Now, select your delivery address
- Click on ‘Proceed to Pay’
- Enter the passcode
- Your debit card will be delivered to your address within 10 days of the payment being completed successfully
The delivery of a physical debit card from Paytm typically takes 7-10 working days, depending on the user’s address. You can track the status of your debit card delivery using the Paytm mobile app. In addition, every user who opens a savings account with Paytm Payments Bank receives a free virtual debit card, which can be used immediately for online transactions. This virtual debit card has all the same features and benefits as a physical debit card, but does not require delivery and can be accessed through the Paytm app.
How to Activate a Paytm Payments Bank Debit Card?
It is very simple to activate your Paytm Payments Bank Debit card; all you need to do is:
- Scan the QR code on the debit card
- Set your debit card’s PIN
- Your debit card will be activated!
Paytm Payments Bank is your next step toward a digital financial journey; explore the Paytm app to learn more!
Also Read: 5 Awesome Things to Know About Debit Cards