Transactions made through Debit cards are safe, secure and can be done within minutes. Anyone with a bank account has access to a debit card as it is provided by the bank to the user as a part of the welcome kit. To use a debit card, it is mandatory for the card holder to activate it.
There are 3 different ways to activate a debit card. Letâs learn about each of these ways along with the steps to be followed for each.
How to Activate a Debit Card?
There are 3 different ways to activate a debit card. As per your convenience and the resource available, you can choose any of the methods.
It is important to note that even though the steps to be followed in each of these methods might vary as per the bankâs guidelines and the process to activate a debit card, a few common steps remain the same.
To activate a Debit Card using an ATM Machine, follow these steps-
- Gently open the sealed envelope to get your 4 digit PIN provided to you by the bank along with your debit card
- Insert the debit card in the ATM
- Enter the debit card number and the given ATM pin
- You will then be prompted to set a new ATM pin
- Enter your new ATM PIN, by following the instructions on the machine and your card will be activated
To activate a Debit Card through Netbanking, follow these steps-
- Log in to your bankâs internet banking portal
- Locate the âDebit Cardâ section in the portal
- From there, click on any option that says âgenerate PINâ or âcreate PINâ
- Upon choosing the option, the portal will provide you with instructions on how to activate your debit card
- Follow the instructions and activate your debit card online
To activate a Debit Card using Phone Banking, follow these steps-
- You must have received a phone banking PIN or something else that might help you in phone banking conversations
- Dial the telephone number provided to you, and connect with the operational member to activate your debit card
- Once successfully connected, follow all the instructions given to you during the telephonic conversation to get your debit card activated
For additional security, some banks send OTP to the customerâs registered mobile number for verification and activation of a debit card. Hence, you must have your phone with the registered mobile number ready by your side while activating your debit card.
While almost all the banks have a similar, lengthy procedure to activate a debit card, Paytm Payments Bank, on the other hand, ditches the conventional method to activate a debit card by offering a digital debit card to its account holders. Hereâs how you can obtain a Paytm Payments Bank debit card and how you can activate it.
How to Get a Paytm Debit Card?
Paytm is one of the pioneers that has taken financial practices to the next level by offering ease & convenience to the users. And to remain indulged and consistent with the best financial practices, Paytm now offers both digital and physical debit cards. If you wish to get a hold over physical Paytmâs debit card, below are the steps you need to follow-
- Open the Paytm mobile application
- Click on âPaytm Bankâ
- Now, click on the âDebit & ATM cardâ option
- Choose âRequest ATM cardâ
- Now, select your delivery address
- Click on âProceed to Payâ
- Confirm your delivery address
- Enter the passcode
- After the successful completion of the payment, your debit card will be delivered to your address within 2 weeks
The debit card delivery generally takes about 7-10 working days, depending upon the userâs communication address. You can also track your debit card delivery status on the Paytm mobile application. Additionally, a free virtual debit card is allotted to every user after he/she opens a savings account with Paytm Payments Bank.
How to Activate a Paytm Payments Bank Debit Card?
It is quite easy to activate your Paytm Payments Bank Debit card, all you need to do is-
- Scan the QR code given on the debit card
- Enter the passcode
- Verify your debit card details
- Set your debit card PIN
- Your debit card will be activated!
Paytm Payments Bank is your next step towards a digital financial journey, explore the Paytm app to know more!