Debit card transactions are safe and secure and can be completed in minutes. Anyone with a bank account has access to a debit card, which the bank provides as part of the welcome kit. A debit card must first be activated before it can be used.
A debit card can be activated in three ways. Let’s learn about each of these methods, as well as the steps to take for each.
How to Activate a Debit Card?
A debit card can be activated in 3 ways. You may select any of the methods based on your needs and the resources available.
It is important to note that, while the steps to be taken in each of these methods may differ depending on the bank’s policies and the process to activate a debit card, a few common steps remain the same.
Steps to Activate a Debit Card using an ATM Machine:
- Gently open the sealed envelope to obtain your four-digit PIN, which was provided to you by the bank along with your debit card
- Insert your debit card into the ATM
- Enter the debit card number and the ATM pin
- You will then be prompted to create a new ATM pin
- Follow the instructions on the machine to enter your new ATM PIN, and your card will be activated
Steps to Activate a Debit Card via Netbanking:
- Log in to your bank’s internet banking portal
- Navigate to the ‘Debit Card’ section of the portal
- Then, select any option that says ‘generate PIN’ or ‘create PIN’
- When you select this option, the portal will give you instructions on how to activate your debit card
- Follow the steps to activate your debit card online
Steps to activate a Debit Card via Phone Banking:
- You must have received a phone banking PIN or other information that will assist you in phone banking conversations
- Dial the phone number provided to you and speak with an operational member to activate your debit card
- Once connected, follow all of the instructions given to you during the phone call to have your debit card activated
Some banks send OTP to the customer’s registered mobile number for verification and activation of a debit card for added security. As a result, when activating your debit card, you must have your phone with the registered mobile number ready.
While almost all banks have a similar, lengthy procedure to activate a debit card, Paytm Payments Bank, on the other hand, abandons the traditional method by providing its account holders with a digital debit card. Here’s how to apply for and activate a Paytm Payments Bank debit card.
How to Get a Paytm Debit Card?
Paytm is one of the pioneers who has taken financial practices to the next level by providing users with ease and convenience. Paytm now offers both digital and physical debit cards in order to remain indulgent and consistent with the best financial practices. If you want to get your hands on a physical Paytm debit card, the steps are as follows:
- Open the Paytm mobile application
- Click on ‘Paytm Bank’
- Now, click on the ‘Debit & ATM card’ option
- Choose ‘Request ATM card’
- Now, select your delivery address
- Click on ‘Proceed to Pay’
- Confirm your delivery address
- Enter the passcode
- Your debit card will be delivered to your address within two weeks of the payment being completed successfully
The delivery of a debit card typically takes 7-10 working days, depending on the user’s communication address. The Paytm mobile application also allows you to track the status of your debit card delivery. In addition, every user receives a free virtual debit card after opening a savings account with Paytm Payments Bank.
How to Activate a Paytm Payments Bank Debit Card?
It is very simple to activate your Paytm Payments Bank Debit card; all you need to do is-
- Scan the QR code on the debit card
- Enter the passcode
- Check your debit card information
- Set your debit card’s PIN
- Your debit card will be activated!
Paytm Payments Bank is your next step toward a digital financial journey; explore the Paytm app to learn more!