A lot of users often switch from a postpaid connection to a prepaid connection or vice versa due to various reasons. Sometimes, a user may not be satisfied with the service they are getting or they may find it more expensive than the other. If you’re wondering whether it’s possible to go from a postpaid to a prepaid service or vice versa, don’t be concerned; you can!
You must follow a few simple steps to convert a postpaid connection to a prepaid one. These steps may differ slightly from one operator to the next. In the following section, we’ll look at how to switch from a postpaid to a prepaid connection.
How to Convert From Postpaid To Prepaid Connection
Converting a postpaid connection to a prepaid connection is simple; however, this cannot be done online. Let’s take an example of an Airtel postpaid connection, to convert an Airtel postpaid number to an Airtel prepaid number, follow these steps:
- Visit a nearby Airtel store
- A ‘Postpaid to Prepaid Migration Form’ will be provided to you
- Before you can switch, you must pay off any outstanding bills (if any)
- After submitting the form and paying the fees, you will be given a new prepaid sim card
- You will be sent an OTP to your phone number for verification
- Following verification, your new prepaid sim card will be activated
- After activation, you must recharge your new sim card with an FRC recharge
Converting a postpaid connection to a prepaid connection is the same for all operators, whether you use Vi postpaid, Jio postpaid, BSNL postpaid, or MTNL postpaid.
Benefits of Converting From Postpaid to Prepaid
A prepaid connection can have some benefits over postpaid connections and the reverse may hold true as well. However, this completely depends on one user to another and their requirements. Some of the benefits that one can experience using prepaid over postpaid are-
- There won’t be a risk of bill shock
- Users can change their plans easily
- They can top up any time if they need extra data or balance etc.
Whether a postpaid connection or a prepaid connection is good for a user is completely up to the users themselves.
There can be a few reasons why a user would want to switch from a postpaid connection to a prepaid connection. Whether it is an unsatisfactory experience or just that the user finds it costlier, whatever the reason may be, he or she can convert to prepaid anytime he/she wants. All that needs to be done is to reach the nearby store of the telecom partner and complete the formalities.
- No risk of bill shock
- Change your prepaid plan whenever you want
- Top-up with extra balance or data any time you need