A lot of users often switch from a postpaid connection to a prepaid connection or vice versa due to various reasons. Sometimes, a user may not be satisfied with the service they are getting or they may find it more expensive than the other. Well, if you are concerned about whether or not it is possible to switch your postpaid service to a prepaid service or vice versa, then you need to worry anymore, because you can switch!
In order to convert a postpaid connection to a prepaid one, you will have to follow a few simple steps. These steps may slightly vary from one operator to the other. Let’s have a look at how you can switch from postpaid to prepaid connection in the segment below.
How to Convert From Postpaid To Prepaid Connection
It is very simple to convert a postpaid connection to a prepaid one; however, you can’t process this online. Let’s take an example of an Airtel postpaid connection, in order to convert an Airtel postpaid number to Airtel prepaid number, you will have to follow these steps-
- Go to the nearby Airtel store
- You will be provided with a ‘Postpaid to Prepaid migration form’
- You will have to clear your pending bills before you switch (if any)
- After submitting the form and clearing off the dues, you will be provided with a new prepaid sim
- You will receive an OTP on your number for verification
- Your new prepaid sim will be activated after the verification
- After the activation, you will have to recharge your new sim with an FRC recharge
The process to convert a postpaid connection to a prepaid connection is similar for all the operators whether you are using Vi postpaid, Jio postpaid, BSNL postpaid or MTNL postpaid.
Benefits of Converting From Postpaid to Prepaid
A prepaid connection can have some benefits over postpaid connections and the reverse may hold true as well. However, this completely depends on one user to another and their requirements. Some of the benefits that one can experience using prepaid over postpaid are-
- There won’t be a risk of bill shock
- Users can change their plans easily
- They can top up any time if they need extra data or balance etc.
Whether a postpaid connection or a prepaid connection is good for a user is completely up to the users themselves.
There can be a few reasons why a user would want to switch from a postpaid connection to a prepaid connection. Whether it is an unsatisfactory experience or just that the user finds it costlier, whatever the reason may be, he or she can convert to prepaid anytime he/she wants. All that needs to be done is to reach the nearby store of the telecom partner and complete the formalities.
- No risk of bill shock
- Change your prepaid plan whenever you want
- Top-up with extra balance or data any time you need