Vadodara, also known as Baroda, is a vibrant city in the western state of Gujarat, India. With a growing population and increased vehicular traffic, the Regional Transport Office (RTO) plays a crucial role in regulating and managing transportation-related services. This article aims to provide details of the RTO office in Vadodara, its addresses, phone numbers, and working hours. Whether you’re a resident or a visitor in Vadodara, this information will come in handy when dealing with vehicle registrations, driving licenses, and other transport-related requirements.
- RTO Office Darjipura
The RTO Office in Darjipura is the primary RTO (Regional Transport Office) in the city. Located near Golden Chokdi on NH8, it offers a wide range of services related to vehicle registration, issuing driving licenses, conducting driving tests, and managing transportation permits.
- Monday to Friday: 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- Address: RTO Office, Near Golden Chokdi NH8, Darjipura, Vadodara, Gujarat – 390006
- Phone: +91-265-2561130
Services Offered by RTO Office in Vadodara
Here are some of the services offered by the RTO office in Vadodara:
- Vehicle Registration: RTO office in Vadodara handles the registration of new vehicles as well as the transfer of ownership for used vehicles. This process involves verifying the necessary documents, conducting inspections, and issuing registration certificates.
- Driving License Issuance and Renewal: RTO offices facilitate the issuance and renewal of driving licenses. They conduct driving tests to assess the applicant’s driving skills and knowledge of traffic rules. Upon successful completion, the RTO issues the driving license.
- Fitness Certificate for Commercial Vehicles: RTO offices conduct fitness tests for commercial vehicles to ensure their roadworthiness and compliance with safety standards. Fitness certificates are issued after the vehicle passes the required tests.
- Permits for Commercial Vehicles: RTO offices handle the issuance of permits for commercial vehicles, such as goods carriers, passenger buses, taxis, and auto-rickshaws. These permits specify the routes and conditions under which the vehicles can operate.
- Temporary Vehicle Permits: RTO offices issue temporary permits for vehicles that need to travel outside their registered jurisdiction for a limited duration. These permits allow vehicles to legally operate in different states or regions for specific purposes, such as tourism or business.
- No Objection Certificates (NOC): RTO offices provide No Objection Certificates for vehicle owners who intend to relocate or transfer their vehicles to another state or region. The NOC verifies that there are no pending dues or legal obligations associated with the vehicle.
- International Driving Permits (IDP): RTO offices facilitate the issuance of International Driving Permits, allowing individuals to drive vehicles in foreign countries. The IDP serves as a translation of the applicant’s domestic driving license and is valid in certain countries.
- Duplicate Documents: In case of loss, theft, or damage to original vehicle registration certificates, driving licenses, or other transport-related documents, RTO offices assist in obtaining duplicate copies of these documents.
- Emission Testing and Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate: RTO offices conduct emission testing to check vehicle emissions and issue Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificates. These certificates are mandatory for all vehicles to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
Suggested Read – List of RTO Offices in Odisha, Address, Phone & Timings
Registration Charges at Vadodara RTO Office
The registration charges at Vadodara RTO (Regional Transport Office) are based on the type of vehicle being registered and its specifications. The charges may vary depending on factors such as the vehicle’s seating capacity, weight, style (private or commercial), fuel type, and other factors. Here is a general overview of the registration charges for different types of vehicles at Vadodara RTO:
- Registration charges for two-wheelers in Vadodara typically range from Rs. 50 to Rs. 300, depending on the vehicle’s specifications.
- Four-Wheelers (Private Vehicles)
- For private cars and vehicles, the registration charges in Vadodara are based on the vehicle’s cost and engine capacity. The charges may range from 2% to 8% of the vehicle’s ex-showroom price, excluding taxes. There may also be additional charges for handling fees, smart card fees, etc.
- Commercial Vehicles
- Commercial vehicle registration charges at Vadodara RTO are determined based on the vehicle’s seating capacity, weight, and purpose of use. These charges can vary significantly depending on the specific vehicle category and its specifications.
Navigating the transportation system can be a complex task, but with the help of the Regional Transport Offices (RTOs), it becomes more manageable. This blog provides the details of the RTO office in Vadodara, its address, phone number, and working hours. Whether you need to register a vehicle, obtain a driving license, or seek other transport-related services, these offices are well-equipped to assist you. Contacting the respective RTO office beforehand is always advisable to confirm the timings and requirements for specific services. Remember to carry all the necessary documents to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience with the RTO in Vadodara.