Ever since it has been mandated, the FASTag has become an extremely important thing to have. Whether you own a car or a truck you must necessarily have the FASTag installed on your four-wheeler to be able to cross the toll plazas across the Indian National Highways. If you don’t have a FASTag on your private or commercial vehicle, you will have to pay twice the toll tax amount at every toll booth that you cross during your interstate travel.
You must note that simply buying a FASTag and sticking it on your vehicle is not enough. You should also know about how to activate and recharge it. While Paytm offers a FASTag that can be used for multiple services, such as making payments at fuel stations, shopping online, making bill payments, etc., it also allows its users to recharge their FASTag issued by other banks in a few, simple steps.
This blog explains how you can do your Axis Bank FASTag Recharge on Paytm.
Axis Bank FASTag Recharge on Paytm: Steps to Follow
To do your Axis Bank FASTag recharge on Paytm mobile application, you need to follow these steps-
- Open the Paytm mobile application
- Visit the ‘Recharge’ section and click on ‘FASTag’
- Select ‘Axis Bank’, which is your FASTag issuer bank
- Enter your vehicle registration number
- Click on ‘Proceed’ option and enter the amount that you wish to recharge for
- Select the mode of payment out of Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, Paytm wallet and/or UPI
Alternatively, you can also click here to do your Axis Bank FASTag recharge, enter your vehicle number and proceed with the recharge.
Use your Paytm Wallet for FASTag Transactions
Unlike other banks that require you to recharge your FASTag every now and then, Paytm only requires its users to add money to their Paytm wallet in order to process FASTag transactions. If you link your FASTag to your Paytm wallet, the toll tax amount will directly be deducted from your Paytm wallet as and when you cross a toll booth.
To link your FASTag to your Paytm wallet, you will have to provide your wallet ID, vehicle number, RFID number, email address, mobile number.
Additionally, through the Paytm wallet, you can use the same FASTag for multiple vehicles, if you own any. Using the Paytm wallet for your FASTag-related transactions will make it easier for you as you won’t have to recharge your FASTag again and again. All you need is balance in your Paytm wallet and the toll tax amount would directly be deducted from your wallet as and when you cross a toll plaza.
Having a single Paytm wallet for multiple needs will help you manage your balances and keep a detailed track of all your travel-related expenses, whether fuel, purchases at departmental stores, or expenses made at toll plazas.
What are the Benefits of Using FASTag?
There are multiple reasons which explain why you should buy the FASTag for your four-wheeled vehicle. Some of them have been explained below-
- Using the FASTag technology, you will not have to lower the speed of your vehicle at the toll plazas. Since you can keep moving at the toll gates, without having to stop, your fuel and your time will be saved
- Since the traffic does not have to stop or slow down, there is almost no congestion or traffic jam at the toll plazas
- Traveling from one city/state to another by road comes across a lot of toll plazas. With the use of FASTag, you can enjoy the benefit of electronic payment, and a completely hassle-free driving experience throughout your journey; leaving the FASTag to take care of all your toll payments
- FASTag also makes it easier for you to keep a track of all your toll expenses. If you use Paytm to make your FASTag payments, you will receive regular in-app notifications and SMSs every time you make a payment through FASTag. Moreover, you can also track your expenses in your Paytm passbook
- The FASTag facility benefits the environment in the long run, as it reduces the use of paper and fuel
- Regular travelers can apply to convert their monthly, regular passes into FASTag passes. There is an online application procedure for corporates and fleet owners to do the same
- While various other digital wallets let you recharge your FASTag on your mobile phone in a matter of minutes; Paytm does not require you to do that either. All you need is some balance in your Paytm wallet and the toll tax amount will automatically be deducted from your wallet as and when you cross a toll plaza
- Upon linking your FASTag account with the Paytm mobile application, you will be automatically notified of all the transactions and toll deductions. This will help you keep a track of the money that you have spent at toll plazas during your travel
- A FASTag has a validity of 5 years
- Registering for a FASTag involves a simple, and quick process