About Paytm Payment Link
Generally, merchants accept payment in two ways: online and offline. In case of accepting online payments, the merchant requires the integration of a Payment Gateway. However, there are various merchants who might not be having a website, or those who might have one but are not willing to integrate a Payment Gateway.
In such cases, a Paytm Payment Link helps merchants in accepting payments via all channels and methods, without having to build a website or integrate a Payment Gateway in a website. In simple words, such a Paytm link helps the merchant in accepting remote payments without the need for any technical integration.
This Paytm Payment Link works in 3 simple steps:
1. Link Creation: Merchants can use the payment link generator available in the dashboard, Business App, or through APIs to create payment link. These pay links can either be basic or customized with the information they require from their customers.
2. Link Sharing: The merchant can share the Paytm link via SMS, Social Media, or Email. Once the link is shared via the merchant, the customer can make payments through the Paytm app or the browser via the single online payment link they receive.
3. Payment Completion: Once the customer fills the information, he/she will proceed to make the payment. Once done, the merchant receives the amount in his Paytm link bank account.
Features of Pay Links
1. Different Templates for Pay Links: The merchant has the option to create payment link that is either a simple link or a form link. A form payment link allows the merchant to collect information from the customers and the merchant can also list the products in form pay links along with displaying cost breakups.
2. Partial Payment: The merchant also has the option to enable partial payment in a payment link so that the customer does not have to pay the entire amount upfront.
3. All In One Payment Link: Customers can pay via any UPI app on the web via the online payment link by simply choosing the app and completing the payment on it.
4. Various Payment Methods for Customers: The customer can use this Paytm payment link and pay via Paytm wallet, Credit/Debit card, UPI, Net Banking, or directly make the payment using the mobile app of Paytm.
5. International Transactions: With the Paytm payment link, the merchant can accept online payments from international clients also. In case of such payments, the customer does not necessarily require the Paytm app or an Indian mobile number to access the Paytm link.
6. Bulk Payment Link Generator: With the payment link generator, the merchant can create a maximum of 1 Lakh links in one go. This helps in creating numerous pay links without API integrations.
7. Ease for Customers: The procedure of a Paytm payment link ensures a faster checkout by directly opening in the Paytm app. If the customer does not have the app, the online payment link opens in the browser and also has a guest checkout option. The customer can also access all saved cards for faster payments.