Vistara Travel Bubble Flights
Travel bubbles are flights that operate to make travel between two countries easier during a crisis. Though these are not fully operational flights, stranded passengers can use these flights for point to point travel by booking them separately following the airline guidelines.
FAQs on Vistara Travel Bubble Flights
Q. To which destinations do Vistara travel bubble flights operate from India?
A: You can check the Flight Schedule page on the Vistara website for details on the destinations.
Q. Can passengers book tickets for onward travel from the point of destination?
A: Travel bubble flights are only available for point to point travel. For onward travel, the tickets need to be booked separately.
Q. Do we need any additional clearance/pass to reach the airport?
A: The ticket will be enough for enabling travel to the airport, However, you can check with the local district authorities to know about any other additional clearance formalities.
Q. I already have a Vistara ticket for the sector I wish to travel. Can I use the same for bubble flights?
A: Passengers holding Vistara tickets starting with 288 have to pay an additional charge. You can contact a Vistara ticketing office for more details.
Q. I already hold a Visa for the destination country. Am I eligible to travel?
A: The following guidelines are applicable for UAE nationals and UAE residents with GDRFA/ ICA approval who wish to fly to Dubai with Vistara:
- Passengers must have return approval from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA) or from the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA).
- Passengers arriving to or departing from Dubai (DXB) must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test result issued at least 96 hours before the scheduled departure. The PCR test should be done at an approved Pure Health laboratory. Children under 12 years and passengers with moderate to severe illness are exempted from this.
- Passengers are to take another Covid-19 test at the airport and follow the guidelines.
- Passengers must download Covid-19 DXB smart app on their mobile phones.
- Self-declaration form, available online, is to be filled and submitted to the staff while checking in.
- Passengers have to complete the quarantine undertaking form and submit the same to the Dubai Health Authority staff if Dubai is your final destination.
Q. Should we submit any other document to travel with Vistara?
A: Passengers must fill and submit a self-declaration form while checking in. You can find more details on the Vistara online portal.
Q. What is the permissible baggage allowance?
A: Hand baggage should not be more than 7kg. The check-in baggage allowance would be mentioned on your ticket.
Q. What is the reporting time at the airport?
A: Passengers should reach airport at least 4 hours before the scheduled departure. Check-in counters will close 60 minutes prior to the departure time.
Q. Do I need to web check-in?
A: Web check-in is currently mandatory and you can get it done within 96 hours prior to the departure.
Travel Advisory for Passengers Entering India
Guidelines to follow before travel
- Self-declaration form to be filled and submitted on the Delhi Airport online portal at least 72 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Undertaking on quarantine agreement to be submitted on the online portal. Passengers should agree to mandatorily undergo 14 days of quarantine as per the Government guidelines.
- Under compelling reasons, home quarantine would be permitted for 14 days. For this, passengers should apply for the same at the online portal.
- For exemption of institutional quarantine, passengers can also submit a negative RT-PCR test report, which was done within 96 hours of the journey commencement, on arrival.
- To take a connecting domestic flight, the following are mandatory:
- The filled self-declaration form should be submitted to the APHO upon arrival.
- The thermal screening will be carried out for the passengers.
- Passengers should carry a negative RT-PCR test result done within 96 hours prior to the journey.
- Upon fulfilment of all the requirements, passengers will be allowed to proceed to the next flight.
Guidelines for Passengers Flying into Karnataka
Guidelines to follow before travel
- Passengers should submit self-declaration form at the Yatri Karnataka online portal at least 72 hours before scheduled departure.
- Business/short term travellers with a negative RT-PCR test would be exempted from quarantine requirements. These passengers are to submit details on the authenticity of the test done. The test report should be produced at the point of entry at the Karnataka airport.
- The passengers are to download the Arogya Setu app, Quarantine watch app and the Apthamitra app on their mobile phones.
Guidelines to follow on arrival
- Deboarding should be done maintaining a safe distance of 2 meters.
- All passengers are to undergo the mandatory thermal screening at the points of entry.
- All passengers should produce a copy of the self-declaration form at the airport.
Guidelines for business/short term travellers
- To verify that the passenger is a business visitor, the following document should be shown in original:
- Confirmed return flight ticket which is not more than 7 days from the date fo arrival.
- Documents related to the purpose of visit such as the invitation letter.
- Hotel reservation details/details related to the place of stay.
- Valid Visa
- Business visitors who are coming for a short duration of 4 hours counted from the time of arrival are exempted from the Covid-19 test and quarantine.
- If the business stay is between 48 hours to 7 days, a Covid Test is done and the traveller is allowed to complete his engagements after the test results arrive and the result is negative.
- Business travellers with a valid RT-PCR test report are exempted from another Covid test on arrival.
All passengers arriving Karnataka must adhere to the State Governement’s quarantine rules and regulations.
Travel safe with Vistara!