Paytm First Terms
Welcome to the terms and conditions ("Terms") for Paytm First Subscription. These Terms are between you and One97 Communications Limited and/or its affiliates ("Paytm" or "Us") and govern our respective rights and obligations. Please note that your use of the Paytm website and Paytm First Subscription are also governed by the agreements listed and linked to below, as well as all other applicable terms, conditions, limitations, and requirements on the Paytm website, all of which (as changed over time) are incorporated into these Terms. If you sign up for a Paytm First Subscription, you accept the terms, conditions, limitations and requirements including and not limited to the below -
For having a better understanding on the type of the services as mentioned above please refer to this link
Paytm First Subscription Auto Renewal Cancellation
Paytm First Subscription once cannot be cancelled, however, the same shall be done on a case to case basis, subject sole discretion of Paytm. You may cancel the Paytm First Subscription auto renewal anytime before the renewal period begins.
- We reserve the right to accept or refuse membership in our discretion.
- We may send you email and other communications related to First and your First membership (regardless of any settings or preferences related to your Paytm account).
- You may not transfer or assign your First membership or any First benefits, including promotion codes for First memberships or benefits, except as allowed in these terms.
- First members are not permitted to purchase products for the purpose of resale, rental, or to ship to their customers or potential customers using First benefits.
- Some First benefits may require certain purchase thresholds, have quantity or shipping address limitations, or require members to meet specified criteria in order to access them.
- From time to time, Paytm may choose in its sole discretion to add or remove First membership benefits.
Fees and Renewal
The membership fee for First is stated in the First section of our Help pages. For Paytm First fees and renewal information, see applicable terms and conditions. From time to time, we may offer different membership terms, and the fees for such membership may vary. The First membership fee is non-refundable except as expressly set forth in these Terms. Taxes may apply on either or both of the membership fee and the reduced shipping charges for First.
If you sign up for your First membership through us and are billed by us. If you provide us with eligible payment method and are successfully charged, your membership period will be based on the date on which your First membership account is activated and not the date of the successful charge. If you fail to promptly pay the eligible payment or renewal payment under the methods provided by us we have on file for your payment of your membership fee, then your membership will be cancelled and you must provide us a new eligible payment method.
If you signed up for your First membership through a third party and are not billed directly by us, then the billing terms provided by the third party will apply to your membership.
Basic Plan Membership
- During the Basic Plan membership, you can purchase / avail 12 months Paytm First services at the Paytm First membership fee stated in Paytm First section of the help pages. The Basic plan shall be valid for a period of 12 months from its date of activation for you, for example, if you have activated the on 10th of January 2019, the membership will come up for renewal on 10th of January 2020.
- The Basic plan membership will be terminated after the end of 12 months. However, the same shall stand renewed on an annual basis only if You select to subscribe upon purchase of the Basic plan membership and it shall be automatically renewed upon the expiry of the 12 months period. Post the auto-renewal of your Basic plan membership, you will have the option to cancel membership any time or elect to auto-renew your membership on different plan (if any) which is offered solely at the discretion of Paytm.
- You are not bound, in any way, to avail this offer or to purchase Basic Plan membership. Any participation is voluntary. The 12 months Basic plan membership is being made purely on a best effort basis.
- Nothing contained herein amounts to a commitment by Paytm to launch or offer, similar or other Paytm First membership plans.
- Paytm users shall also be allowed to avail the benefits of Paytm First by purchasing the Paytm First Trial Pack.
- Paytm users purchasing the Paytm First Trial Pack shall only be eligible for limited Paytm First Membership and the benefits which is being offered by Paytm.
- Membership Fee for the Paytm First Trial Pack is INR 199.
- Membership period for the Paytm First Trial Pack will be for a period of 90 days from the date of activation of the trial membership. Date of activating the membership will be day 1 of the membership.
- During the Paytm First Trial Pack, Paytm First users shall be entitled to limited offers/subscriptions/benefits of Paytm First. List of offerings with in the Paytm First Trial Pack shall be listed for the users on their Paytm First screen.
- Paytm Users shall also have the option to buy Paytm First Trial pack and subscribe for the basic plan post the end of the trial period.
- Post the end of Paytm First Trial Pack, the Paytm users shall be charged for the basic plan which is INR 750/-, unless the user cancels the membership, before the end of the trial period.
- The Paytm users shall receive a notification through SMS before the end of the trial period and commencement of the Paytm First Service basic plan.
- The offers extended in the Paytm First Trial Pack are by different third parties. Paytm is not responsible for the third party offers. Therefore, Paytm may change the offerings in the Paytm First Trial Pack from time to time at its sole discretion.
- Except for Paytm First Referral Program all other Paytm First Terms including Membership Cancellation, Renewal of Membership shall remain applicable for the users of the Trial Pack.
- These terms as well as the terms and conditions of Paytm First Program shall be applicable to the users of Paytm First Trial Pack.
- Paytm reserves the right to amend these and the terms and conditions of Paytm First Program including the price changes from time to time.
We may in our discretion change these Terms, Paytm's Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice, or any aspect of First membership, without notice to you. If any change to these terms is found invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that change is severable and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining changes or conditions. YOUR CONTINUED MEMBERSHIP AFTER WE CHANGE THESE TERMS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES.
Termination by Us
We may terminate your First membership at our discretion without notice. If we do so, we will give you a prorated refund based on the number of full months remaining in your membership. However, we will not give any refund for termination related to conduct that we determine, in our discretion, violates these Terms or any applicable law, involves fraud or misuse of the First membership, or is harmful to our interests or another user. Our failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with these Terms will not constitute a waiver of any of our rights.
Limitation of Liability
IN ADDITION TO OTHER LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS IN PAYTM'S CONDITIONS OF USE, OUR TOTAL LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, WILL NOT EXCEED THE LAST MEMBERSHIP FEE YOU PAID. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND WILL SURVIVE CANCELLATION OR TERMINATION OF YOUR FIRST MEMBERSHIP.
In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to this Terms and Conditions, including any question regarding to its existence, validity or termination, you shall first seek settlement / resolution of that dispute through the grievance redressal cell with Paytm. If within 14 days of grievance redressal, you feel that you did not get a satisfactory response from us you shall approach for mediation / conciliation with us and which shall be carried out at our premises in accordance with the mediation rules
Any dispute or claim, not settled by mediation / conciliation and relating in any way to these Terms or your use of First, will be resolved by binding arbitration, under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act (amended) and Indian Arbitration Rules shall apply.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to us and the arbitration will be will be conducted by under its rules. We each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis. We also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.