Water is undoubtedly the most important thing in our lives. All human beings are dependent on the water supply and therefore, are familiar with the water bills.
Have you ever tried to pay your water bills online? If yes, then you must have come across the terms like Consumer Number, Consumer ID, RR Number, K Number etc.
Ever wondered what these terms mean and what are they used for?
Well, the Customer Identification Number provides a user with a unique identity. Using a customer identification number, you can not only check the water bill amount but can also make water bill payment online.
How to Find Consumer Number on the Water Bill?
The consumer number can be easily found on any of the water bills, the latest or previous. In case, you find it difficult to find the consumer number on your water bill, then, follow these simple steps as given below-
- Go to the Water Bill Payment page on Paytm
- Select your water supply board
- Click on ‘View Sample Bill’
- The consumer number will be highlighted in the sample bill
- Check for the consumer number on your bill
After you find out your consumer bill, you can check your water bill online as well as pay it. If you pay your water bill through Paytm, it will automatically store all your details such as the water board and consumer number so that you can pay directly without having to check your latest water bill every month.
Some Other Names of Customer Identification Number in Water Bill
The customer identification number has different names for different water boards. Some of the common names for the customer identification number in the water bills with their respective water boards are given below-
- RR Number with BWSSB
- Customer ID with CIDCO, DDA
- K Number with DJB
- Consumer Number with PHE – Mizoram, HUDA
- Connection ID with GWMC
- CAN Number with HMWSSB
- Computer Code with Jalkal Vibhag – Prayagraj and so on
There are many other names to the customer identification number in the water bill apart from the ones that are mentioned above. However, the purpose of those numbers is the same- that is to provide every user with a unique identifier.
- Consumer Number
- Consumer ID
- Customer ID
- Account Number
- RR Number etc.
- Go to the water bill payment page on Paytm
- Select your water board
- Click on the ‘View Sample Bill’ button
- Check the position of the consumer number on the water bill