Have you tried paying your water bills online? If so, you’ve probably heard of terms like Consumer Number, Consumer ID, RR Number, K Number, and so on.
Have you ever wondered what these terms mean and what they are used for?
Well, the Customer Identification Number provides a user with a unique identity. You can use a customer identification number to not only check the amount of your water bill, but also to pay it online.
How to Find Consumer Number on the Water Bill?
The consumer number is easily found on any water bill, recent or previous. If you are having trouble locating the consumer number on your water bill, then follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Water Bill Payment page on Paytm
- Select your water supply board
- Click on ‘View Sample Bill’
- The consumer number will be highlighted in the sample bill
- Check for the consumer number on your bill
After you find out your consumer bill, you can check your water bill online as well as pay it. If you pay your water bill through Paytm, it will automatically store all your details such as the water board and consumer number so that you can pay directly without having to check your latest water bill every month.
Some Other Names of Customer Identification Number in Water Bill
The customer identification number has different names for different water boards. The following are some of the common names for the customer identification number on water bills issued by their respective water boards:
- RR Number with BWSSB
- Customer ID with CIDCO, DDA
- K Number with DJB
- Consumer Number with Department of Public Health Engineering – Mizoram, HUDA
- Connection ID with GWMC
- CAN Number with HMWSSB
- Computer Code with Jalkal Vibhag – Prayagraj and so on
Aside from the ones mentioned above, the customer identification number on the water bill has many other names. However, the goal of those numbers remains the same: to provide each user with a unique identifier.
- Consumer Number
- Consumer ID
- Customer ID
- Account Number
- RR Number etc.
- Go to the water bill payment page on Paytm
- Select your water board
- Click on the ‘View Sample Bill’ button
- Check the position of the consumer number on the water bill